Google Drive is a web-based office suite that allows users to create and edit documents online while collaborating live with other users. Your YCP Google Drive provides you with unlimited storage as a part of an educational organization. Also as a part of YCP, you have access to Drive File Stream, which allows you stream your Drive files directly from the cloud to your Mac or PC, Changes made to files are automatically updated everywhere and your files are available for offline access. These cached files sync back to the cloud when you're online, so the latest version is available on all your devices.
Note: Drive File Stream is currently only available to business and educational organizations. It will not be accessible to download or log in with personal Gmail accounts.
Check out our Google Drive Tech Tip!
How to install Drive File Stream on your PC or Mac:
- Open Google Drive on your browser and click on the Settings (gear) icon, and select Download Drive File Stream OR click here.
- Select either Download for Windows or Download for Mac.
- On your computer, open:
- DriveFileStream.exe on Windows
- DriveFileStream.dmg on Mac
- Follow the on-screen instructions.