Eduroam, provided via Aruba's Clearpass software, provides access to more than just wireless on the York College Campus. It will also allow any device registered, by any York College student, faculty or staff member, the ability to connect anywhere that eduroam wireless is used. These locations includes other colleges, museums, and businesses. (Check out the eduroam location map for details: https://www.eduroam.us/institutions)
Follow these steps to connect to eduroam:
- Open your wireless settings
- Select: eduroam
- Some devices will automatically prompt you to enter a username or password. If your device does not prompt you for your info. Then open an internet browser and try to navigate to a new webpage. You will be redirected to the registration page.
- Login with:
- Username: <YOUR YCP EMAIL ADDRESS>
- Password: <YOUR YCP PASSWORD>
Issues connecting with eduroam?
Forget the network and connect again.
- Navigate to the list of wireless networks that your device has connected to.
- Locate eduroam and select it
- Select the option to remove this network
- This can be labeled differently on different devices. The most common options are: forget this network; remove this network; delete this network
- Once the network has been removed from the settings restart your device to ensure that all data is removed before connecting again.
- Reconnect to the YCP Network eduroam
- You can find detailed instructions here.
If you still cannot connect to eduroam, then contact us.
Have an Android phone or tablet?
Many Android phones and tablets will ask for the following information:
- CA Certificate Validation = <select "Do not Validate">
- User ID = <Your YCP Email>
- Anonymous ID = <leave blank>
- Password = <Your YCP Password>