Follow these steps to connect a device to york-devices:
- On a computer currently connected to the York College network:
- Navigate to: https://clearpass.ycp.edu
- Login with:
- Username: <YOUR YCP EMAIL ADDRESS>
- Password: <YOUR YCP PASSWORD>
- Choose the Create Device option
- Complete the registration fields in the following window
- Enter a Name for the device
- Enter a MAC Address. (format: XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX)
- If you're unsure how to find your device's MAC address, click here to see a list of resources.
- Enable AirGroup if desired.
- This option will allow you to share this device with your friends. Enter their email addresses in the field: Shared With
- Click the Create Device button
- Turn on the device you have just created in Step 2.
- Open your wireless settings on that device
- Select: york-devices
- Enter the network key: YORKwifi
- Once the device is registered and connected to york-devices for the first time it may take approximately 10 to 15 minutes transition and obtain full internet connectivity.
Note: If you do not obtain internet connection on the first attempt then turn off the device for 10 minutes and then test to connection again.
After registering your Chromebook in Clearpass with the instructions above, these are the steps you should take to get your Chromebook connected.
- Click on the Wifi Icon on the bottom right corner
- Click on the Wifi menu in the new popup box
- Click on york-devices and enter the password: YORKwifi
- When it connects, click on the Wifi Icon again and click on the Wifi icon in the new popup box again
- Click on york-devices again or hit the settings button that shows up in the bottom right corner
- The menu should disappear a Chrome webpage should show up with the information about the Wifi you are on.
- In the page with the wifi information, go down to hardware address and that is the MAC address of the Chromebook
- Now finish up the process in the clearpass.ycp.edu and the Chromebook should be connected now.
Wireless printers are now supported on the YCP network. When adding your printer to the network, make sure you enable the AirGroup setting. This will allow you to see the device on the network to print to it. You can also add other approved users to the device to also be able to use it, if you wish.