Moodle: What to do if you are missing a course
It is important to understand that at this time a faculty member is responsible to bringing a course live for their students. Instructors are able to decide when to make the course live and some don't make their courses available until after the start of the semester, and others do not use Moodle at all. Additionally, there are some courses being tested in Canvas. If you have a Canvas course you will not have a Moodle section for that class.
If a course for which you are registered does not appear in your list of courses AFTER the semester starts, we suggest you do the following BEFORE contacting the LTS Desk:
- Confirm your instructor is using Moodle this semester. Your course maybe in Canvas or the instructor does not use an LMS.
- Check to see if any others in your class are able to access the course.
- Make sure you have the correct semester selected in Moodle (for courses being taught in Moodle).
- That you have waited 24-48 hours after registering for the course (this applies in particular to those registering near or after the start of a semester).
If your instructor has made the course available to students, you are fully registered for it, and you still don't see it in your list of courses, contact the LTS Desk. Be ready to provide the following information:
- Your full name and YCP email address.
- Course name and CRN.
Content Managed By: Instructional Design and Technology Team