Official Name Change (First or Last) or Preferred Name Update
Official first and last names must match government documents used for employment or Financial Aid documents. If you have legally changed your name, follow the instructions below. If you have not legally changed your name, but would like to change your preferred name, you can also use the instructions below to request an update to your preferred name. Your preferred name will replace the first name displayed in all internal YCP applications (e.g., Banner/YCPweb, Canvas, Gmail). Be aware that your official name will be used on any official documents that are sent outside of the college (e.g., transcript).
- Contact human resources to have your first or last or preferred name updated in the Banner system.
- Contact the Records Office to have your first or last or preferred name updated in the Banner system.
- Contact the Records Office to have your first or last name updated in the Banner system. Alumni cannot update their preferred name in the Banner system. We recommend contacting the Alumni Relations Office to provide updated personal information for future communications.
YCP Username and Email Address Update
YCP Username and Email Addresses can be updated following the update of the Official Name in the Banner system only.
Employees and Students
- Contact us to request an update to your YCP username and email address. This updates are processed on the 1st Tuesday of each month. We'll contact you following the completion of the update. Your current password will still work with your new YCP Username. This update will automatically update many systems on campus but manual updates will also occur to the following systems in this process: Moodle, Canvas, Library Workflows, Qualtrics and Campus Phone system.
- Updating of Alumni usernames and email addresses is not available. We recommend contacting the Alumni Relations Office to provide an updated personal email address for future communications.
User Updates to Names in Applications
Many applications allow for users to update their displayed name in the application. These updates do not require any contact to a department with YCP and will not alter your Official Name pr Preferred name in applications.
- YCP email accounts are provided by Google. Employees, Students or Alumni can update their name on the account via Google's Change the name on your Gmail Account. This change will show your updated name on any email you send to a new contact. Please note that this does not dynamically update other user accounts. If you had previously contacted someone and they added you as a contact to their account, they will need to edit contact information for you.