SSN Faculty FAQ
Essential SSN Tasks for Supporting Student Success and Learning
SSN Tips, Tricks, and Nuances
- Login Page – choose the section of SSN you want to see immediately upon logging in to the system
- Title – leave this field blank unless your role/title doesn’t change regardless of the students with whom you interact
- General Overview & My Biography – when students view your profile, My Biography information is placed before General Overview information
- My Locations – students will see the location “name” and is the field in which your office location, phone number, etc. should be entered
- The First location in this list is the default location, which likely will be your office. If you choose to include your phone number as a "location" ensure that it is not listed first.
- Tracking Item Notifications – ensure that “an item is assigned to me” is checked
To edit or cancel office hours or group sessions, hover over the corresponding icon in the Availability column of your Agenda and select Edit on the appropriate button that appears in the new window.
To edit/cancel an appointment or to document meeting notes, hover over the corresponding calendar icon and select the appropriate button that appears in the new window
The My Students tab shows you all students with whom you have a relationship based on your role(s), while the Tracking tab shows you students with whom you have a relationship and who have any Tracking Items.
The system saves the last set of criteria you used to filter your rosters. So, if your student list appears incomplete/incorrect, check Connection, Term, Cohort, and Additional Filters.
Prior to beginning a new filtered search, select the blue Edit Filters button and reset your rosters by selecting the Clear All Filters button that appears in the new window.
When filtering rosters by specific attributes, keep in mind:
- The system will use the AND Boolean operator when searching for multiple attribute values
- Asterisks may be used as a wildcard search character when filtering for a string value
To update a Tracking Item, hover over the corresponding icon and select the appropriate button that appears in the new window
- Comment on Flags
- To summarize pending action that you and the student discussed
- To document that a student has not responded to your outreach attempts
- To inform others in the network that you want the Flag to remain active
- Clear Flags
- To close-the-loop and indicate that the issue has been addressed
To edit or delete a Note that you wrote, select the paper icon next to the appropriate Note and make your selection within the new window that appears