Editing Images for Posting
To resize a picture using Paint
- Open Paint by clicking the Start button .
- Type Paint in the Search programs and files box. Paint will open.
- Click the down error button , click Open, browse to where you have the picture you want to resize, and then click Open.
- On the Home tab, in the Image group, click Resize .
5. In the Resize and Skew dialog box, select the Maintain aspect ratio check box so that the resized picture will have the same aspect ratio as the original picture.
6. If the Maintain aspect ratio check box is selected, you only need to enter the horizontal value (width) or vertical value (height). The other box in the Resizearea is updated automatically.
7. Change the By: to Pixels (Figure 1). Make sure to size your image according to the standard image sizes allowed for our website.
8. Please note: Not all images are sized in the correct aspect ratio (width x height) when you receive them. You can use the sizing tool to set the correct width and allow the height to automatically adjust. If the height is close to the standard size allowed, save the file and use it. If the height is dramatically less than the standard size allowed, please contact the IT Help Desk to request assistance (if needed) in cropping the image so that it resizes more closely to the standard size.
9. It is important to have images be the same width in most situations, such as on Faculty listing pages when all the images line up in a column
10. Once this is sized the way you like click OK.
11. Click the Paint button , point to Save as, and then click the picture file type for the resized image.
12. Type a new file name in the File name box, and then click Save.
Content Managed By: Web Services Team