Terminal4: Feature Row / Slider and Feature Item Content Type Tutorial
The Feature Row and Feature Slider content types create a visual display of three or more featured student opportunities/experiences including a photo, title, and caption. Three Feature Items are contained in a Feature Row, and four or more Feature Items are contained in a Feature Slider that displays arrows to scroll through the set. Features highlight the many ways students engage in and outside of the classroom. The Feature Items link to www.ycp.edu detail pages to learn more information.
To build a feature row or slider:
Decide on the images to be used for the featured content.There are two options for Feature Item images.
- When linking to a www.ycp.edu page, if there is a Page Intro on the page you want to link to, you can select that image from the Media Library for the Feature Item.
- Otherwise, please create or obtain a JPEG format image that is 876 pixels wide by 578 pixels tall and upload the image to your Media Library folder as a Media Path type. All images must be set to 72 dpi resolution for the website to display them without lagging.
Build the feature container.
- In the section, click the Add Content button and:
- For three feature items, select YCP2016: Feature Row Container from the list of content types.
- For four or more feature items , select YCP2016: Feature Row Slider Container from the list of content types.
- The steps below are the same for each content type.
- Enter a Name for the content. It is helpful to name the feature container using the word "container" to distinguish it from the feature items below it in the section list of content.
- The Secondary Title field is presented before thePrimary Title because if you use both of these elements, this is the order in which they appear on the page. TheSecondary Title is not required but can be useful to add clarity or to emphasize the Primary Titl e. You can enter the title however you like on the form (all lowercase for example), but the system will automatically change it to all caps. It will display in a lighter font over the Primary Titlein bold.
- Enter the Primary Title . You can enter the title however you like on the form (all lowercase for example), but the system will automatically change it to all caps. It will display in a darker font than the Secondary Title.
- A Tagline can be added below the titles as a brief eye-catching intro for the thumbnail links.
- The Heading Icon is used to characterize the features. There are six icons available:
- Globe (orange)
- Heart (green)
- History (orange)
- Lightbulb (green)
- Location (green)
- Traditions (green)
Please visit the YCP Style Guide at http://www.ycp.edu/ycp-style-guide/style-guide/images/shield-icons.html to see examples of these icons.
- The View All Link is not required and is used to link to a page of associated resources. This could be a page with a number of related content items or links that branch off to other pages.
- The View All Link Text is entered if you decide to use theView All Link .
- The Container Background offers a selection of patterns which surround the Feature Row to help offset it from the other content on the page, but it is not required.
- Click Add & Approve to save the Feature Container .
- Skip to the Feature Items section below.
Add the Feature Items.
- In the section, click the Add Content button and selectYCP2016: Feature Item from the list of content types.
- Enter a Name for the Feature Item .
- Select the Feature Item Image you uploaded to theMedia Library .
- Enter the Feature Item Description .
- Add the Feature Item www.ycp.edu link by selecting the page using the Select link at right.
- Click Add & Approve then Preview to check your page.
- Repeat these steps for each Feature Item
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact the LTS Help Desk at 717.815.1559 or by email at LTShelp@ycp.edu