How to Move a Section
A section can be moved from one part of the site to another. It can also be moved out of one channel and into another section in a different position within the hierarchy. When you move sections, the navigation and the site map will alter, yet all links will be maintained.
- To move a section to a new location, go to the Content menu and select Site Structure.
- Expand the site structure until the section can be seen.
- Hover the mouse over the down-arrow associated with the section entry that you wish to move.
- Select Move from the drop-down menu.
A new view of the site structure will appear, with all sections capable of becoming a parent of the section being moved. They will appear as underlined links (Figure 1).
5. Click the intended parent link to move the section to the new position.
If you wish to cancel the move, click on the link displayed in the yellow box to go back.
Move with Drag and Drop
Sections in the hierarchy can be moved by "drag and drop".
- Left click on a section and while holding down the mouse button, drag it over the section you wish to move it into.
- Release the left click to drop the section in (Figure 2).