Welcome, New Students!
The LTS Department recommends that all students be prepared for their academic career with a well equipped personal computer. Wireless connection is available throughout campus and ethernet connections are also available in the residence halls to accommodate both laptop and desktop computers. To assist those in the market for a new computer, the LTS Department has created a list of computer recommendations. Please visit our Computer Recommendations page for details.
Mathematics Placement Exam
Incoming students who will be registering for Mathematics courses are required to take the Mathematics Placement Exam prior to Summer Orientation.
Accessing the Mathematics Placement Exam
- Go to https://moodle.ycp.edu/mathplace and enter your YCP username and password.
- After logging in, a blue box will have instructions on how to proceed with the exam.
- For assistance with accessing the Placement Exam or Login information, call the LTS Help Desk at 717-815-1559
Foreign Language Placement Test
Prior to orientation, incoming students who plan to register for a foreign language class are required to take the Foreign Language Placement Test if any of the following apply to assure proper level placement
- You have previously studied any French, German, or Spanish at school with a grade of C or higher.
- You speak any French, German, or Spanish language at home.
- You have learned any French, German, or Spanish during a study abroad.
Accessing the Foreign Language Placement Test
- Go to http://webcape.org/?acct=ycp and enter the password spartans
- Select the appropriate language
- Enter your name, YCP ID number, and YCP email address. Answer the survey questions and click continue.
- Submit an answer to the practice question. Once you submit, the exam will begin.
If you are interrupted, you may continue where you left off by accessing the log-in page the same way you did when you started the session. Be sure to re-enter you name and ID number exactly the same way as you did when you started the exam. Click on resume and you should be able to continue the exam.
If you do not know your YCP ID number or your YCP email address, call the LTS Help Desk at 717-815-1559 for assistance.