WiFi (Internet Access)
We'll help you connect your laptops, phones, tablets, & more. When you arrive, you'll see 2 available wireless networks. Each serves different devices.
Try connecting each device to eduroam first. Only if it doesn't work should you use york-connect.
eduroamLaptops, smartphones, & tablets.
- Connect to eduroam.
- Sign in with your YCP email address & password.
- If asked, select Trust.
- If you aren't prompted, try visiting a webpage. Then, you'll be redirected to the registration page.
- EAP method: PEAP
- CA certificate: Don't Validate
- Identity or User ID: your YCP email
- Anonymous ID: leave blank
- Password: your YCP Password
Forget the network, then try again.
- Find the list of wireless networks that your device has connected to.
- Select eduroam.
- Select the option to remove this network.
- It's commonly labelled Forget, Remove, or Delete this network.
- Restart your device.
- Reconnect to eduroam.
If you still have trouble, contact us.
Guest WiFiVisitors & Alumni.
Visitors may connect up to 2 devices to our guest network.
- You get 24 hours of access.
- After which, you may start again to get another day.
- Connect to york-connect.
- You'll be redirected to our Guest Log In page.
- If not, open an internet browser & attempt to load a new webpage, which will redirect.
- Select the guest without an account icon.
- Follow the prompts, then select Register.
- Take note of your Username & Password, which will appear.
- This will also be emailed to you.
- At the bottom, select Ready to Login? Click here.
- Enter your Username & Password.
- Select Log In.
- Wait for the loading bar to finish; it may take several minutes.
- When successfully connected, you'll be directed to www.ycp.edu.
Toggle Your Connection
- Turn your wireless connection off, wait 10 seconds then turn it back on.
- This refreshes your connection to the closest wireless access point.
- See each network for more detailed troubleshooting steps.
Printers & Speakers
In most cases, wireless printers will connect to york-connect, though they sometimes have unresolvable issues. Please bring a cable to connect your computer directly to your printer, so that you can print without WiFi.
We're unable to support Sonos wireless speakers.